Vision and Mission:
Our vision is to acquire and manage complementary foreign exchange products that serve the high net inbound tourism, outbound tourism, Hajj & umrah, corporate and government departments.
- We strive continuously to improve on our quality of services as keeping abreast of new developments, methods, and techniques in our industry.
- Understanding our markets need (end consumer and tourism retailers) and creating the value proposition for the defined target market.
- Developing all aspects of the foreign exchange market. This includes building brand equity and providing the necessary infrastructure, systems and the service levels required to support the product.
American Express - CTI will meet its objectives via its strategic partnership with American Express (Pty) Ltd, a division of Tourvest (Pty) Ltd, joint venture control, joint venture relationships and formation of BEE consortium.
The end result must be financially beneficial to all role players with a definite bias towards black economic empowerment, affirmative actions and skills transfer.
Structure of American Express - CTI:
- American Express - CTI is the first 100% BEE Franchise company.
- Jointly managed with the assistance of American Express - Tourvest (Pty) Ltd.
- American Express - CTI opened its first branch within the V & A Waterfront in May 2004.
- Founder member and major shareholder of Cape Tour Investments (CTI)
- CTI is a major tourism related investment company, with equity shares in Out of Africa ( Pty) Ltd, Indaba Curios (Pty) Ltd, EY Grand Cape
- Hospitality Services, Cape Charters (Pty) Ltd Yachts and boats within the V & A Waterfront and American Express.
Andrew Mc Donic - Director:
Managing Director American Express Foreign Exchange, a division of Tourvest (Pty) Ltd
American Express Foreign Exchange has been offering its business clientele an economical and efficient means for managing foreign denominated transactions since 1891.
- Sales of American Express Travelers Cheques, cheque refunds
- American Express emergency cash facilities on Credit Cards
- Sales & Purchases of Foreign Bank notes in over 40 currencies
- Drafts & Telegraphic Transfers in most currencies travel related
- Sale of Travel Wallet MasterCard/Cirrus ATM cash card
- Foreign exchange delivery services to corporate & VIP clients, per arrangement
Exchange rate & commission charges:
- Highly competitive exchange rates and commission charges
- Negotiable for large transactions
- 0% on encashment of all travelers cheques, except Rand travelers cheques form other Foreign Exchange Bureaus.
Refund Services & Delivery:
- 24 hours refund service in respect of lost or stolen travelers cheques
- 1700 offices worldwide
- Anytime line 0800 991 021
Hadj & Umrah Services:
- Special rates for Hadj travelers and operators.